Getting your car service at regular intervals is a must to keep your car up & running . It increases the life of your car.
However there are few points which sholud be always kept in mind while getting your car serviced . Below are some checkpoints which you should always check during the service .
After 10,000 kms
- Change engine oil & oil filter.
• Check and top-up all fluids (coolant, power steering, brake, transmission etc.).
• Clean air filter
• Wheel rotation, balancing & alignment .
• Check and adjust all belts. Replace if any are cracked / worn out.
• Check all hose pipes. Replace if any are cracked / worn out.
• Check wiper blades & adjust washer nozzles.
• Check all lights.
• Check / service battery.
• Complete cleaning and waxing of the car.
• Apply paint to the small nicks & dents. Get body work done where necessary. Get rid of any rust spots while they’re still small.
Every 20,000 kms
After every 20,000 Kms check following point & include above points .
- Radiator flush & engine coolant change.
• Replace wiper blades.
• Replace fuel filter.
• Check and clean brakes.
• Check brake hoses and lines.
• Check spark plugs.
• Check engine idle settings.
• Check clutch release arm travel.
• Check suspension
• Check steering gearbox & boots.
• Check driveshaft boots.
Every 60,000 kms
• Change timing belt & balancer. Water pump replacement recommended.
• Revamp suspension.
• Change all drive belts.
• Change all hose pipes.
• Check status of clutch plate and related parts.
• Check condition of engine mounts. May need replacement in some cars.